Phonic Books Ltd is a small company specialising in publishing decodable books for beginner and catch-up readers.
The company was founded in 2006 by Wendy Tweedie, Tami Reis-Frankfort and Clair Baker, three special needs teachers passionate about teaching all children to read. Using their expertise they set about developing phonic reading books for young children and older, struggling readers.
Following demand from customers, the range has extended from the initial 10 titles to over 298 today and is continuing to grow. The range of books caters for pupils in Nursery and Foundation Stage to Age 14+ reluctant readers in secondary school.
With a growing reputation for the quality and effectiveness, our books are now widely used by schools, tutors and parents in the UK and 40 countries around the world.
Phonic Books Ltd is registered in England and Wales (Number 5742072).
Our registered office is: 59 Baldry Gardens, London, SW16 3DL
VAT registration number is 919 3612 15
Features of Books for Beginner Readers
Features of Dandelion Books
Written by three practising teachers, our books are designed to engage and enthuse beginner and reluctant readers. The highly-structured phonic sequence encourages reading success and building of confidence from the very beginning.
- Imaginative stories with appealing characters
- Colourful and motivating illustrations
- Highly-structured phonic progression
- Text on cream background to make the books reader-friendly
- Gradual introduction of high-frequency words
- A clear explanation of Synthetic Phonics for teachers and parents
- Game in every book to consolidate learning
- Additional reading and spelling activities for further reading practice
Features of Books for Catch-up Readers
- Vocabulary Page
- Short chapters for reluctant readers
- Text on cream background for easier reading
- Motivating illustrations and storyline
- Syllables split for reader
- Dyslexia friendly font
- Reading practice page with phonic focus
- Workbooks for further learning linked to stories