The Reading Reform Foundation conference will take place on Saturday 28th March at Birkbeck College in London. Subjects covered will be at the heart of improving the teaching of reading in the UK:
Here is the programme and speakers:
• The Right Hon. Nick Gibb, MP: Minister for School Reform
• Jaz Ampaw-Farr: A complete guide to phonics (in 40 minutes)!
• Debbie Hepplewhite: Does it really matter if teachers do not share a common understanding about phonics and reading instruction?
• Josie Mingay: Phonics in the Secondary Classroom
• Sam Bailey: Transforming the life chances of our children – simple methods, great results.
• Gordon Askew: Assessment, including the Phonics Screening Check and assessing reading at the end of Key Stage One
• Marj Newbury Teacher Training
• Angela Westington HMI CV: Angela will be talking about the Ofsted Report, ‘How a sample of schools in Stoke-on-Trent teach children to read’.
For details click on the link: http://www.rrf.org.uk/conference%202015.html
See you there!